Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Picasso

For art last week, we focused on Picasso and the cubism period. I showed them a variety of different Picasso cubist works and we discussed the different elements of each. Then, we created our own cubist self-portraits using Picasso's Head of a Woman as our inspiration:


First, we drew the shape of our heads very lightly. Then, we sketched half of our face facing forward and on the other half we drew our profile. Some of my students decided to draw their profile facing the out. It was fun to see how the kiddos chose to portray themselves. Here is mine: 
(One of my kids said it looked like a witch. I wasn't at all offended!) 



 I encouraged the students to use a lot of different colors as Picasso did in his other cubist works. Here are a few of the finished pieces: 




Monday 10-14-13
Blouse: Forever 21
Jeans: Old Navy
Wedges: Payless




No comments:

Post a Comment