Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

13.1

Last year, on a whim, I signed up for a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) as a fundraiser for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, TN. My nephew was a patient there before he passed away from Neuroblastoma in 2009, so it is important for me to give back to the hospital that gave him and my family so much. Thanks to the generosity of my friends and family, I have been able to raise over $4,000 total for this amazing hospital.

After my first 1/2 marathon, I guess you could say that I got the "bug." Today I finished my 3rd one. Having barely trained for this one (as in maybe running 5 times total), this was by far the most challenging thing I've done yet. While my time wasn't fantastic (2:29), I am still thrilled to have accomplished another goal and I know that I really pushed myself for this one. Earlier I said that this was it for running, but we'll see how long that lasts. (:


Crossing the finish line. 

View from mile 6. That's SF in the background. 

Another view from the course: under the Golden Gate Bridge. 








No comments:

Post a Comment