Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mini-museum

My kids studied the early Native Americans for their first Social Studies unit. As a culminating project, we hosted a mini-museum. Each student had previously selected a tribe, wrote a research essay, and then created some sort of artifact to go with their essay. I was really impressed with how the artifacts turned out and I wanted to share them with others. 

One of my favorite memories from elementary school was creating a living history Egyptian museum. I really wanted my kids to be able to do the same. Since this was the first big thing we've done this year, I decided to only invite a couple classes to view the projects. It was really great to see my kids teaching some younger students about their tribes. They loved answering all the questions that they had. I was really proud of them and I can't wait for us to do another kind of museum like this in the future. 

Here are some photos: 







Tuesday 11-05-13
Pants: Merona at Target
Top: Forever 21
Shoes: Gap



No comments:

Post a Comment