Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Kachinas

In social studies, we are in the middle of our unit on Native Americans. We learned about kachina masks and how they were important to the Pueblo and Hopi societies. We discussed symbolism and how they were used during religious ceremonies. As an art activity, the students created their own kachina masks out of a paper plate. The students had a lot of fun and it was neat to see how creative they became. I finally got around to actually hanging these up (mainly because I never wear shoes that I feel stable enough wearing while standing on a chair) and I love how they turned out. Some of my kids are so artistic!





Monday 9-30-13
Top: Old Navy
Skirt: Kohl's 
Shoes: Shoemint.com
Bracelet: Lucky at Macy's 

Close-up of the shoes. This was the first time I've worn them to school and they didn't hurt at all! I'm looking forward to getting more wear out of them this fall. 





No comments:

Post a Comment