Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

TGIT

One more day left to go! Today we worked on line plots in math. I taught the students the lesson, we worked out some problems in the book, and then we created a line plot using our own data. I gave each student a sticky note and had them write their shoe size on it. I was surprised by how many students didn't know where to locate the size on the shoe! I drew a large number line on the whiteboard and had the students go up and place their sticky note over the number that corresponds to their own shoe size, like so:



The students used this data to create a frequency table and copied the line plot onto their own paper. For my fast finishers, I gave them the task of figuring out how far our feet would stretch if we all stood with one foot in a line. One of my girls did a fabulous job of explaining how to work out the problem (the red numbers above are her calculations). 

The kiddos thought this lesson was so funny and it was nice to see how quickly they got the objective. 

Thursday 9-19-13
Skirt: Elle at Kohl's 
Tank: Old Navy
Cardigan: Merona at Target
Shoes: Merona at Target
Belt: came with a dress I believe
Watch: Fossil

No comments:

Post a Comment